Sunday, July 20, 2014

Liebster Award

I know what you're all thinking. "WOW! Two updates in seven days. THIS IS AMAZING."

Okay, so maybe that's not what you're thinking. But, in Rachel's Blogger World, it is (so, just pretend for me, alright?). My friend, Stephanie, over at Blessed to Be, is forcing me to do this nominated me for a Liebster Award, where she poses questions and I answer them. So, here we go!

1.) Why do you blog?
Hmm...this is a tough one. I happen to be one of the funniest people I know and regularly tell those who will listen (AKA everyone around me) that I should have my own reality show. It would be the most watched show in the history of ever. For. Real. Okay, seriously, I blog because a wise friend *cough cough Stephanie* put the idea in my head. Really! She suggested starting a blog where I can talk about those things that are important to me, like my faith, family, and friends. And cupcakes. Always cupcakes.

2.) What is your favorite smell?
My favorite smell? I have no idea! I really like the perfume I have right now. It's Georgio Armani's Acqua di Gioia. To me, it smells like happiness. And sunshine. And cleanliness.

3.) What would you have as your last meal? Include appetizer, main course, and dessert.
Appetizer: rolls and BBQ sauce from Corky's
Main Course: Nonni's spaghetti sauce with penne and meatballs (and cherry peppers)
Dessert: Pumpkin Spice Latte cupcakes (they taste like fall-y yumminess).
Now that I look at these three, they don't really go together and probably wouldn't taste great one after the other. But they're three of my favorite foods and it would be my last meal, so I can go with whatever I want.

4.) If you could master any skill overnight, what would it be?
Another tough one! Any skill?? It would probably be...becoming a wizard. Seriously. I'm still waiting on my Hogwarts letter to arrive (the owl must have been lost for the past 15 years, right?)

A real skill though? Being more crafty. I can handle making cupcakes and crocheting. But those really cute pins on Pinterest where people are making adorable decorations for their house? Yeah, I want to be able to do that. I'm just not crafty. Like at all. Even a little bit. I can picture it in my mind, but that's about it.

5.) Who's your favorite Disney character?
BELLE. This question was easy. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. I mean, Belle loves to read, sing, and she gets to have conversations with household items. Except for her, they talk back. The coffee pot will respond to my questions one day.

6.) What movie did you most recently watch?
Restless Heart: The Confessions of Augustine. Catholic Nerd Alert!! 

7.) What song are you currently listening to on repeat?
Wolf Bite by Owl City. His music just makes me happy. And want to have a dance party, which happens on the regular around here.

8.) Cupcake or slice of pie?
Do I need to answer this? It's in my blog name! Cupcake, of course. I'm going to make Butterbeer Cupcakes soon.

9.) If you could have an miniaturized animal as a pet, what would you pick? (For example, John tells me he wants a mini-bear.)
Ohhh...a miniaturized animal? Probably...a Siberian Tiger. That would just be the best, provided it didn't, you know, try and eat me.

10.) If you just found out company was coming over in a few hours, what dish would you whip up for them?
My Nonni's spaghetti sauce and meatballs. My mouth is watering just thinking of that sauce.

11.) Summarize yourself in 4 words. GO!
Compassionate, Funny, Catholic, HarryPotterNerd

There you go! My first Liebster post. That was stressful. I'm going to go eat a cupcake now.

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! :) Thanks for playing along. I especially love that you squished "Harry Potter Nerd" into one word. Definitely cheating, but worthy enough to let it slide. How come you've never made me your Nonni's sauce?? My mouth is watering too!

    PS - You should stop talking to your coffee pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No mention of the smell of bleach? Or crepes?

    ReplyDelete